by Achmad Affandi
Autorun virus, as the name suggests exploits the Autorun feature in Windows OSs, which is used to launch programs stored in removable media like the DVDs, CD ROMs, USB Devices, and Memory Sticks.
The Autorun virus is a Windows PE EXE file that spreads itself on a computer by making a multiple copies of autorun.inf files on each drive of the computer. Each time you insert a removable media or double click your drives in Windows Explorer, the virus files start executing. The Autorun virus creates a batch file called logon.bat and modifies the system registry to ensure that each time you boot your system the virus is launched automatically.
Once your computer is infected, the virus may clandestinely connect to a malicious website and install a rootkit on your computer. The rootkit may install a keylogger to steal your personal information such as account numbers, usernames, passwords credit card information, social security, and other sensitive information. It is therefore, highly important that you remove autorun virus from your computer as soon as possible.
The autorun virus can be removed both manually and by using any autorun virus removal tool. The manual removal time of the virus depends on the intensity of the attachment of the virus to the system. To remove the virus manually, you need to:
1. Kill the autorun process through Task Manager.
2. Boot the system in safe mode and open the command prompt.
3. List all system and .exe files on the C drive (or your OS drive).
4. Disable hidden, system, and read only attributes for autorun.inf and ntdelect.com (not ntdetect.com)
5. Delete both the files.
6. Repeat these steps for all the drives on your computer.
7. Search for kavo.exe in C:\windows\system32\ and delete it.
8. Open registry editor and delete all the entries of kavo.exe under:
Remove Autorun Virus in Minutes
The manual removal of autorun virus is recommended only to computer experts because removing or editing windows registry can cause severe damage to your system if you delete the wrong files. Therefore, it is always better to use autorun removal tool to remove the virus from your computer.
Want to squash those annoying pop up ads and get your PC running like new? Come get your free scan at Spyware Fix today!
Jim Marshall is an expert computer technician with fifteen years of experience in the industry. Since his own computer was destroyed by malicious software, he has been studying anti-spyware, adware, and malware systems for years. His website details the comprehensive results of this research, ranking the best anti spyware programs available.
Category Article Tips dan Trik Computer
- ► 2013 (10)
- ► 2012 (15)
Mar 29 - Apr 5
- Download Gratis Ebook Joomla
- Download Ebook Gratis Kumpulan Ebook
- Ebook Gratis Selamatkan Indonesia By Dr.Amien Rais...
- Istilah Istilah Dalam Dunia Blogger
- Tips Dapat duit Dari Program Affiliasi
- 100 cara dapat duit dari blog
- Tips menambahkan Read more... di wordpress
- Tips Ngeblog di Wordpress
- Free Blogger Template Wordpress template : Best Te...
- Remove Autorun Virus in Minutes
- ▼ Mar 29 - Apr 5 (10)